Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Unfuture chronicle?

Well, the blog went and mutated on me. I don't spend as much time pondering the future, since I can barely keep up with the present day. And much of the present day is distractingly weird and unbelievable, so that's where the flow is.

In a way, it's about weird viewpoints. And not the kind of "viewpoint" you see on the news, which is just people stuck with their own opinions of things. I'm talking about "viewpoint" in terms of where you put your mental camera and look at things. Looking down from the ceiling is a fresh viewpoint, especially if there's a ceiling fan.

What is "weird"? All we can really say about it is ... it's a weird word. After all, there's that pesky rule:

"'I' before 'E' except after 'C'."

Anyone remember the second part?

"Unless pronounced like 'A' as in 'neighbor' or 'weigh'."

I don't remember if there's a third part. If not, it should say,

"Except of course for 'weird', which is just plain 'weird'."

And that's how it is. I don't spend all day trying to be weird. I just sit here open to possibilities, and I don't discard them just because they're a little bit odd.

Finally, I've been staying on the light side. Silly bits. Since I'm sick to death of hearing about crime, I've nixed the "Underworld" part of the blog. It's now my personal "Unfuture Chronicle".

"Meet the new boss ... same as the old boss." (love that song!)

1 comment:

J Alan Erwine said...

I had an English teacher who called them "Drunk Monk rules."

Kind of makes sense...sacramental wine sounds kind of good right now...