Thursday, September 07, 2006

writing news Sep 2006

Time flies, summer is gone, days are getting shorter but still rather toasty outside ... here's my latest writing news.

Naturally, if you don't want to receive these occasional newsletters, just email me and I'll take you off my list.


=====> BOOKS:

New story collection ("Blank Spaces & other dangers") now available from
Rage Machine Books. You can grab a copy here: http://www.lulu.com/content/290938
or I'll send you a signed one for $14 plus $2.50 shipping, just email me.

I still have a few copies of "Afterlife 9" available for $5 postpaid in the USA.

Poetry chapbook "Jane Doe Discovered" coming in 2007 from SamsDotPublishing.com

=====> RECENT STUFF:

I have had works in Scifaikuest, Bondage, and Star*Line recently. I recently judged a poetry contest at sfpoetry.com, limerick contests at limerickContests.com, and finished editing a short book of limericks for samsDotPublishing.com.

I was a guest at Leprecon (Phoenix) in May.

I went up to Worldcon in Anaheim in August where I got to hear Ray Bradbury do a quick talk -- always inspiring. I got to say hi (again) to Stan Schmidt of Analog, and keep send him weird, offbeat stories, hoping for the best.

I will be a guest at ConJecture in San Diego at the end of September. Looks like I will have to skip Milehicon in Denver again this year -- these trips get expensive.

Recent book cover art and/or design:
- a trilogy by Christopher Sloan for RageMachine Books
- Ecotastrophe anthology (SamsDot)
- Wondrous Web Worlds 6 (the "Best of 2005" collection for SamsDot)

Flash: "Radio Disconnect" recently appeared in FlashShot

=====> NEW SALES:

Two articles about poetry will be appearing in Star*Line.

Flash fiction "Harrod runs his mouth" and "Other monsters" to appear in FlashShot

Audio story "Lost at Sea House" to appear in the Late Late Show (web)

Story "Coral Morning Blue" accepted by 5th Story Review

Poems accepted by Illumen, Diagram, Amaze, Appalling Limericks, Esperance, Between Kisses

Audio poems to appear on Podiobooks.com virtual poetry slam

Audio drama serial "Nightbeat 2,3,4" in production at PhillipsFilms

=====> MY SITES:

My active blogs:
"writer's life" blog ... http://www.authorsden.com/scottcvirtes
Unfuture Chronicle ... http://unfuture.blogspot.com

No comments: